We are pleased to announce the release of the ETC Cooperative 2020 Q3 Transparency Report.
This is an update on what has been happening at the ETC Cooperative this quarter:
- Staffing changes – Yaz, Kevin and Stev.
- ETC suffered three 51% attacks within a month
- Return of Charles Hoskinson and IOHK.
- All the proposals for 51% attack resistance.
- Work begun on 1099 for Besu with Thanos hardfork in November.
- All infrastructure switched to Besu (ethercluster, BlockScout, full and boot nodes)
- Rebooting of grants process deferred. Funding Besu is the new focus.
- Collaboration with IOHK started.
- Comms and Marketing.
The mission of the ETC Coop is to steward the development of the Ethereum Classic protocol and to support the growth of a mature ecosystem around that protocol. There are three pillars to this mission:
- Accelerate adoption of ETC technology by individuals and enterprises through effective branding, marketing and education.
- Foster collaboration between ecosystem participants including developers, miners, investors, enterprises and end-users.
- Mature Governance and Transparency – efficient and transparent governance framework, including use of funds.
Here are some important pages on this website related to transparency: