role of the ethereum classic cooperative
The ECC is the entity overseeing the use of capital it receives from Grayscale Investments as well as other individuals or entities who contribute to Ethereum Classic through its funding platform.
The ECC testifies to and is aware of the responsibility which it has to prudently deploy capital into the Ethereum Classic ecosystem. The below policy statement establishes policies and sets forth the goals, objectives, and guidelines for the ECC.
investment objective & spending policy
The policies contained herein are intended to provide guidelines, where necessary, for ensuring that the ECC’s capital is deployed in a manner consistent with the short-term and long-term financial goals of Ethereum Classic. At the same time, they are intended to provide for sufficient flexibility in the face of changes in market conditions and the financial circumstances of the ECC.
Effective immediately, the fund’s spending policy is being implemented to meet several objectives:
- Directly support the development of the Ethereum Classic protocol, infrastructure, and associated applications.
- Accelerate the deployment of Ethereum Classic-based technologies for use by individuals, business operators, and enterprises through effective branding, marketing, and education.
- Foster community and collaboration between the various Ethereum Classic constituents including developers, miners, investors, and business operators.
core investment areas
monitoring, evaluation, & reporting
Twice a year, the ECC will summarize on its site:
- The uses of capital in the fund over the preceding quarter
- Evidence of how the fund is being operated to meet its objectives
- Planned uses of capital in the quarter forthcoming
The ECC will monitor and periodically evaluate its success in meeting stated objectives in order to optimize the allocation of capital towards initiatives and activities that support growth and development of the Ethereum Classic protocol.
want to keep in touch with us?
Sign up for our mailing list for the latest ECC news and developments.
want updates on hard forks?
Sign up for alerts on coming hard forks and other major development changes. Useful for those running nodes, exchanges, or mining pools.